Someone asked for soul and maka. ewe one of my guilty pleasures hasgdjadjasd
I’m sorry I called you ‘dude’ I didn’t know you were a pansexual gender fluid non-binary moca frappuccino with dual acting hydraulic cylinder and leather grip swiss army knife
who identifies as female
#AWH all you do for fun is read #now I have it in my head that soul is constantly asking Maka to do stuff #but she’s always reading #pay attention to your albino boy-dog Maka #they get snippy when ignored (via smokeandjollyranchers)
For Sleep =D
Sign Language Rings Convert Gestures To Speech
"Here’s how the rings work, in a nutshell. There are three detatchable rings that are worn on the the thumb and first two fingers of each hand, as well as a bracelet. As the user signs out whatever they want to say, the translation is then spoken through a digitized voice that comes from the bracelet. I’m not sure if it works real time or not, but that’s still some pretty amazing stuff. And that’s not all…
"The gesture-to-speak aspect works fine when the hearing-impaired person wants to talk to someone else, but what about vice versa? The bracelet carries the double duty of turning sound into text that runs across an LED display. It seems like the only thing these guys have left to do is actually make people hear again…"
Speech-to-speech translation is gaining a lot of popularity, and for good reasons. Reading is an ancillary linguistic skill, so you don’t need to be literate to be a fluent user of a language. That means that when you can speak (or sign) in your native language and have it translated to someone else’s native language, the communication is much more direct.
On the other hand, machine translation is still hugely flawed, and may always be. But from the level of technology we have now, a translation tool like these rings gets us significantly closer to a universal translation device — a common trope in science fiction. Still, there are a lot of obstacles ahead for automated translators like this. I’d be interested to see how it works and how accurately it picks up nuances in speech patterns of the signer.
The first immediate issue I can see is that it would have to translate purely based on hand shape (etc), which would miss the HUGE role played by facial gestures in ASL at least. But still, fascinating idea…
Yeah… There are five main parameters of sign languages (BSL, ASL, and LSF at least; I’m not familiar with Auslan, SEE, et al): handshape, location, movement, orientation, and non-manual markers. This system looks like it could work to a limited degree with the first four, assuming there’s some way to track movement (although, only three rings? How does it differentiate from ASL fingerspelt E and I, for example?), but it can’t possibly work with NNMs, and those are demonstrably phonemes. There are minimal pairs formed if you change any one of the parameters, and without NMMs, hey, have fun figuring out if they’re saying “relieved” or “depressed”, “bug” or “orgasm”.
Last night I had a dream that I was hunting a ghost Supernatural style, but she wouldn’t let me help her because of my white privilege.
Can we just stop and talk about this for a minute?
Thresh doesn’t make an alliance. Thresh doesn’t waste time liking her. Thresh knows that either he must kill her or she must kill him for one of them to win.
But this is the only way he can repay her for protecting Rue when he couldn’t. It’s the only way he can repay her for honoring Rue when he couldn’t. He honors her by sparing her friend, the girl who would have died for her.
The revolution really doesn’t start with Katniss.
It starts with Rue.
SOMEBODY FINALLY SAID IT
Said No One Ever!
Said me, actually. Why?
- Those funny books and websites with Chuck Norris jokes? He sued them.
- Chuck Norris has given thousands of dollars to the Republican party since before some of us were born.
- Norris said that Obama being reelected would bring on “socialism or something much worse” and "1,000 years of darkness". Hmmm… that wording’s not problematic at all, right?
- Chuck Norris vocally supported California Prop 8, saying, “[P]ro-Prop. 8 votes weren’t intended to deprive any group of its rights; they were safeguarding their honest convictions regarding the boundaries of marriage.”
- His good buddy Rick Perry (who only seems opens his mouth when he wants to piss me off) made Chuck Norris an honorary Texas Ranger ten years after the show was canceled.
- He thinks schools should not allow LBGTQ students to participate in the Day of Silence. Norris asks, "Is encouraging or teaching about homosexuality what our forefathers expected for the public education they founded?"
- For Chuck Norris, promoting Christianity trumps freedom of the press. "How abhorring it is when the freedom of the press is abused to demean the biblical God?"
So fuck Chuck Norris.
FINALLY SOMEONE SEES HOW MUCH OF AN ASS HE IS!!!